Mrs. Rainer's First Grade
I am looking so forward to a rewarding school year for you and your child. For this to happen there are a few things that need to take place each day.
1) Your child needs a good night's rest. By this I mean they need to be in bed between 8:00-8:30.
2) Your child needs a good breakfast. First grade students will need to go straight to the cafeteria if they arrive before 7:30. Breakfast will be served between 7:25-7:45.
3) Your child needs to be in his/her classroom no later than 7:50 with all necessary materials.
4) You need to review ALL work that is sent home each night with your child. There are two sides to the folder. One for Keep at Home, and the other for Homework. All homework needs to be completed and returned the following school day.
5) Your child will need to read to an adult at least 20 minutes each night.
6) When tests are sent home please review to see if we may have made a mistake, sign and RETURN. If you find a mistake please do not hesitate to send a note, so that we can check back over our mistake(s) and make necessary corrections on grade(s).
When you do your part, your child does their part, and I do my part we will all have a suc-cessful year.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
P.S. Awards will be given to the students with the top averages at Awards Day in May. It is never to early to start working toward those awards.