Resources for Parents
The following books are available in the school library. See Mrs. Martin if you would like to check out one of them.
- Stand up for Your Gifted Child: How to Make the Most of Kids' Strengths at School and at Home
- The Survival Guide for Parents of Gifted Kids: How to Understand, Live with, and Stick up for Your Gifted Child
- When Gifted Kids Don't Have All the Answers: How to Meet Their Social and Emotional Needs
- You Know Your Child Is Gifted When . . . A Beginner's Guide to Life on the Bright Side
- Perfectionism: What's Bad About Being Good?
The following book about twice exceptional children is available to be checked out from the elementary SEEK room:
Different Minds: Gifted Children with ADHD, Asperger Syndrome, and Other Learning Deficits
PEAK Parent Resources -- many resources from a school G&T program