We have had a tremendous school year with great prosperity and success. Most of all, it was a safe year. We greatly appreciate your support for the UPSD!! As we end this year, I want to remind you of a few dates:
Residency Verification, July 21-22
· No longer will you need to bring township and range. We will only ask for it if you have changed your address or if you are new student.
· No longer will you have to fill out address etc. for each student. We will have the address already printed out, and if there is no change, then you will mark that address is still the same. If your address has changed or if you are a new student you will have to fill out an address change form.
· There will be one other verification form that you will have to check 3 boxes on for our Federal Programs requirements. Your address will already be on this as well. If your address has changed, you will have to fill out your address.
· You WILL have to bring in two current proofs of residency. This is in state law and cannot be changed.
· ALL new students will have to fill out all necessary forms for entrance.
· In summary, if your address has not changed, then you only have to bring in two current proofs of residency and verify your address which should only take a few minutes.
· Elementary students do not have supply lists this year; instead, we have a $35 supply fee for Kindergarten and $25 supply fee for grades 1-4. Students who pay this fee at Registration on July 21 or 22 will receive their postcard identifying their teacher for the new year.
School Start Date, August 4
· Our students will return to school on August 4.· UES/UMS/UHS Open House will be August 2 from 2:00-6:00.
Accredited by AvancEd, Union Public School District has met federal guidelines for the adequate yearly progress requirements of the No Child left Behind Legislation. Our school excels in academics at all levels, and Union Public School District students have consistently scored above national and state averages on formal assessments.
In addition to superior academics, our school district also boats a tradition of exceptional extracurricular activities. Our band recently received all superior ratings at the state marching contest, and our sports program for both girls and boys offers football, baseball, basketball, softball, cheerleading, golf, tennis, and cross-country. A wide variety of clubs and organizations are offered to students, many of which have won state and national awards.
The success of our school is largely due to the tremendous support from our community. The city of Union is a great place to raise a family, and we invite you to visit our community, our school, and our web page often.